Worksheet solutions for chapter: Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate for class 7 are provided.
(1) Give the characteristics of polar region.
The characteristics of the polar region are given below-
(i) These are covered with snow for most part of the year.
(ii)The sun does not rise for six months and it does not set for six months also at poles.
(iii) The temperature reaches to -370c in winters.
(iv) Countries- Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Alaska (U.S.A.)and Siberian region of Russia.
(2) Give the name of two animals that live in hot and wet climate.
Ans- Elephant and lion are the two animals that live in the hot and wet climate.
(3) Why do penguins huddled together?
Ans- Penguins huddled together to keep warm themselves in cold.
(4) Why adaptation of animals according to the climate is necessary?
Ans- Adaptation of animals according to the climate is necessary because it makes their life easy in severe climate conditions. Animals in cold climate need fur and fat to keep warm themselves while animals of hot climate need thin skin and less or no fur to keep themselves cool.
(5) If temperature is high for most of the part of the year in a forest and it receives frequent rainfall. Then, which type of animals can be find there?
Ans– If temperature is high for most of the part of the year in a forest and it receives frequent rainfall. Then animals with thin skin, less fur, strong tail, long beak, trunk, large ears can be find.
(6) How a polar bear can swim for long under water?
Ans- A polar bear is a good swimmer. It can swim long under water because it closed its nostrils while swimming.
(7) Fill in the blanks:
(i)…….. thermometer is used to measure the daily temperature.
(ii) Rainfall is measured by an instrument called the….
(iii) All the changes in the weather are driven by the ….
(i)Maximum and minimum thermometer is used to measure the daily temperature.
(ii) Rainfall is measured by an instrument called the rain gauge.
(iii)All the changes in the weather are driven by the sun.
Choose the correct answer.
(8) The other name of lion- tailed macaque is
(i) beard ape.
Ans- (i) beard ape. √
(9) Migratory birds can be seen at
(i) Sultanpur and Bharatpur
(ii) Sultanpur and Bombay
(iii) Bombay and Chennai
Ans- (i) Sultanpur and Bharatpur √
(10) Who has sticky pads on its feet?
(i) Red eyed frog
(ii) Red eyed monkey
(iii) Red eyed ox
Ans- (i) Red eyed frog √