Worksheet for chapter: Water: A Precious Resource is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 7. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) What is drip irrigation?
(2) What steps should be taken by us to save water?
(3) What is infiltration of water? Why it is necessary for us?
(4) What are the steps should be taken by the civic authorities to manage water supply?
(5) What are bawris?
(6) Fill I the blanks:
(i)The water below the water table stored between layers of hard rocks is called ……
(ii)….. is essential for all living beings.
(iii) Water is maintained by the …….
(7) How civic authorities mismanage the water?
(8) What is the effect of water scarcity on plants?
Choose the correct answer:
(9) Water day is celebrated on
(i) 21 March
(ii) 20 May
(10) The amount of water recommended by the United Nations for a person is
(i) 60 litres pr person per day
(ii) 45 litres per person per day
(iii) 50 litres per person per day