Worksheet for chapter: Wastewater Story is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 7. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) What is wastewater?
(2) What are the contaminants?
(3) Why speed of water keep slow in grit and sand tank in wastewater treatment plant?
(4) Name the waste which should be thrown in to dustbins?
(5) Why we should not throw chemicals into the drain?
(6) Fill in the blanks-
(i) Large objects can be removed through ……………….
(ii)……… and ………….. are the use of clean water.
(iii)……….. is wastewater released by homes.
(7) Name the organic impurities in the sewage.
(8) Write true or false.
(i)World water Day is celebrated on 22nd March.
(ii) Metals are organic impurities find in sewage.
(iii)Aerator is used to pump air in to the clarified water.
(9) Write better house keeping practices.
(10) What is hygienic on – site human waste disposal technology?