Worksheet for chapter: Stars and the Solar System is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Write the differences between the new moon day and full moon day.
(2) There is no life on the Moon. Give reason.
(3) Why we can not see the back side of the Moon from the Sun?
(4)Why stars are only visible at the night?
(5)Why the Sun appears to rise in the east and set in the west?
(6) Planets revolve around the Sun. But they do not collide. Why?
(7) Is the Earth a satellite or planet?
(8) Why the Venus planet is called morning or evening star.
(9)If I am 13 years old, how many times have I gone round the Sun?
(10) Write differences between outer planet and inner planet.