Worksheet for chapter: Sound is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) What are the maximum and minimum limits of human’s ear to hear?
(2)What are the differences between the loudness and pitch of the sound?
(3)What is sound?
(4) Show how can sound travel in water?
(5) An object oscillates 50 times in 10 seconds. Find the frequency of the object.
(6) Match the items in column A with the items column B
Column A Column B
(a) Frequency hearing impairment
(b) 10,000Hz inaudible sounds
(c) Sound cannot travel Hz
(d)10Hz audible sound
(7) Select the given items under “Low frequency” and High frequency”.
Voice of woman, voice of guitar, voice of lion, voice of crackers, voice of cow and voice of iron sheet
(8) Which part of our body vibrates when we speak?
(9) How dolphins communicate under water?
(10) What are the differences between audible and inaudible sounds?