Worksheet for chapter: Some Natural Phenomena is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) What is lightning?
(2) Why earthing of buildings is necessary?
(3) If you are in forest and a thunderstorm strikes. What will you do to save yourself?
(4) How earthquakes occur?
(5) Draw the structure of the earth.
(6) What precautions should be taken against earthquake at the time of building construction?
(7) After viewing diagram complete the sentence.
The balloon and plastic rod have _____________ charge because they _____.
(8) What instructions will you give to carpenter if you are living in seismic zone?
(9) Show by a diagram that same charged objects repel each other.
(10) Fill in the blanks
(i) The destructive earthquakes have magnitudes higher than ___ on the Richter scale.
(ii) _____ is an instrument which is used by the scientists to record seismic waves.
(iii) The process of transferring of charge from a charged object to the earth is called _____.