Worksheet solutions for chapter: Force and Pressure for class 8 are provided below.
(1) Give two examples of contact force.
Two examples of contact force are-
(i) Washing clothes with hands.
(ii) Cleaning floor with mop.
(2) Write two characteristics of the force.
Two characteristics of the force are –
(i) Force can change shape of the object.
(ii) Force can move an object from rest.
(3) Give an example in which force changed state of motion.
Wheelchair starts moving when we push it. Therefore, after applying push force wheelchair move from rest. Hence, wheelchair changes its state of motion from rest to motion.
(4) Identify type of force in given activities:
(i)Hair sticks to our comb.
(ii)Walk on the floor.
(iii)Pull a chair.
Name of the type of force in the given activities are-
(i) Hair sticks to our comb – Electrostatic Force
(ii) Walk on the floor – Friction Force
(iii) Pull a chair- Muscular Force
(iv) Cutting of vegetables – Muscular Force
(5) A boy is ready to go for school. He opens the door and ride on the bicycle. He paddles bicycle to his school. He reached to his school and put his bag on the table and waits for his teacher.
Fill up the blanks in the given sentences which are based on the given story. Choose words from the given vocabulary.
Push, contact force
(i) To open door, he applies ——– force on the door.
(ii) Paddling of cycle is an example of —————-.
(i) To open door, he applies push force on the door.
(ii) Paddling of cycle is an example of contact force.
(6) Why children pushed a rubber tyre repeatedly?
Force applied on an object can change its speed. Therefore, children repeatedly push tyre to increase the speed of the tyre.
(7) When boat reached near to river bank, boatman switched off boat engine and boat slowdowns. Why?
Friction force has characteristic too oppose the motion of any object. Due to friction force between boat and water boat slows down and ultimately stops.
(8) Name the force acting in different activities:
(i) A carpenter puts nail in the furniture.
(ii) A housewife squeezes cloths.
(iii) Balloons stick to wall or sweaters.
(iv) Squats are done by players.
(v) Rickshaw puller is pulling rickshaw.
Force acting in given activities is given below:
(i) A carpenter puts nail in the furniture – Muscular Force
(ii) A housewife squeezes cloths – Muscular Force
(iii) Balloons stick to wall or sweaters – Electrostatic Force
(iv) Squats are done by players – Muscular force
(v) Rickshaw puller is pulling rickshaw – Muscular force by rickshaw puller and frictional Force between wheel and ground.
(9) Tearing paper is an example of
(i) Changing state of motion
(ii) Changing shape and size of the object
(iii) Changing direction of the moving object.
(ii)Changing shape and size of the object
(10) Fill in the blanks
(i)__ is an example of non – contact force.
(ii) Force is a —- and —- on an object.
(i) Gravitational force is an example of non – contact force.
(ii) Force is a pull and push on an object.