Worksheet for chapter: Matter in Our Surroundings is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 9. Solutions are provided at the end of the page
(1) Radha saw frost on the window in winter. Explain the phenomenon.
(2)We apply ice or cold water when we get burn on our skin. Why?
(3)A glass is half filled with water. Identify the different state of matter (including glass).
(4) Raja is boiling water and put lid on the pot. After some time he find few drops on the lid. Write down the change of state of matter at different stages of work.
(5) Write the factors affecting evaporisation.
(6) Rani spread clothes to dry in open. She felt that clothes become dry in summer rather than rainy season. Give reason.
(7) Write the difference between latent heat of fusion and latent heat of vaporization.
(8) Write down the differences between sublimation and deposition.
(9) Convert the following temperatures to the Celsius scale-
(a) 273 K (b) 500 K
(10) Identify the state of matter and give reason in sport of your answers.