Worksheet for chapter: Materials : Metals and Non – Metals is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Which of the following are lustrous?
(i) Iron (ii) Sulphur (iii) Oxygen
(2) Rita observes that red litmus paper turns blue when it is come in touch of rust suspension. What will be her conclusion about the nature of rust suspension?
(3) Which metal we keep in kerosene and why?
(4) Identify metals and non – metals from the following materials on the basis of ductile property.
Coal, Sulphur, Oxygen, Iron, Copper
(5) Name the metals which are not hard but consider as metals.
(6) Name the non – metal which we keep in water? Give reason also?
(7) In what form magnesium is found in plants?
(8) Where is iron found in human body?
(9) Write uses of non – metals.
(10) Fill in the blanks
(i) _________ is a metal found in liquid state at room temperature.
(ii) _______ breaks down in to powder on tapping with hammer.
(iii) ____________ react with acid and produce metal salt and hydrogen gas.