Worksheet for chapter: Synthetic Fibres and Plastics is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Which fibre is known as artificial silk?and why?
(2) What is acrylic fibre? What is the use of it?
(3) Why we do not get shock when we touch electric wires?
(4) Why firemen do not caught fire when they are trying to extinguish fire?
(5) Fill in th eblanks:-
(i) Plastic is ______,_________ ,_____.
(ii)Plastic coating on cookware is known as __________.
(6) Write `true’ if sentence is correct and write `F’ if sentence is false.
(i) 4R principle is reduce, reuse, recycle, recover.
(ii) Plastic cookware cannot be used in the microwave.
(7) Give some suggestions to save environment from the plastic.
(8) Name the things after reading sentence.
(i) The synthetic fibre which is made up of wood.
(ii) The synthetic fibre which is stronger than steel wire.
(iii) The popular polyester whose fibre can be woven like any other yarn.
(9) Plastic is cheaper than metal. So we should use goods made up of plastic. Comment.
(10) Compare synthetic fibre and natural fibres.