Worksheet for chapter: Chemical Effects of Electric Current is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Write differences between good conductor and poor conductor.
(2) Is honey good conductor of electricity?
(3) Radha is performing a test on three solutions of lemon juice, distilled water and milk. In two solution bulb glow but in one solution bulb does not glow. Can you identify the solutions?
(4)Fill in the blanks-
(i) Caustic soda is _____ conductor of electricity.
(ii) ____ Bulb can glow in weak current.
(iii) Needle of tester of magnetic effects of current deflates, if material is ______ conductor of electricity.
(5) Identify the positive terminal in given figure below:-
(6) What is electroplating? Write its use in daily life.
(7) Raju is trying to glow a bulb. He is using circuit which is given below:-
Can you find his mistake?
(8) What will you do if bulb will glow dim in a good conductor solution?
(9) What is electrode?
(10) Which type of solutions conduct electricity?