Worksheet for chapter: Crop Production and Management is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Give two examples of kharif and rabi crop.
(2) Explain one traditional method of irrigation.
(3) Explain one method of irrigation which conserve water.
(4) Write steps of crop production.
(5) What are weeds and how can we control them?
(6) Why seeds should be sown at proper distance?
(7) Fill in the blanks:-
(i) …… is used to remove weeds in the fields.
(ii) The crops grown in the winter season are known as ….. crop.
(iii) …… is a machine used in sowing seeds.
(8) Why irrigation is necessary for crops?
(9) Explain drip system of irrigation. Why s it good for irrigation?
(10) Define crop. How many types of crops are grown in India?