Worksheet for chapter: Conservation of Plants and Animals is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) What is reforestation and why it is necessary for us?
(2) Write consequences of deforestation?
(3) How fertile land converts into deserts?
(4)Can, there be many wild life sanctuary and national park in biosphere reserve. Write any three points on importance of biosphere reserve.
(5) Write three differences and three similarities of national park and wildlife sanctuary.
(6) Name some projects which are launched by government to save animals.
(7) Fill in the blanks
(i) ____________ is the record book for the endangered animal and plants.
(ii) _______ is a process in which birds fly from their native place to other places to lay egg.
(iii) An ____________ is made of all the plants, animals and microorganisms in an area along with non – living components such as climate, soil etc.
(8) Match the items listed in group A to items in group B
Group A Group B
(i) Endangered animal Deer
(ii) Extinct animal Rose
(iii) Fauna Dinosaurs
(iv) Flora Tiger
(9) Write “True” if sentence is correct but write “False” if sentence is wrong.
(i) Red book data is a record book only for endangered animals.
(ii) Biosphere reserve can be inside a wildlife sanctuary.
(iii) Recycling of paper is good for forests.
(10) Write differences between deforestation and reforestation.