Worksheet solutions for chapter: Introduction to Graphs for class 8 are provided below.
(1) Draw the graph with given data.
|Time||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
|Performance in math (%)||65||70||75||85|
The graph is presented below:-
(2) Show the coordinates (0,7) and (7,0) on graph.
The required coordinates are presented below:-
(3)Find the coordinates of given points with the help of graph.
Coordinates of point A (4, 3)
Coordinates of point B (2, 3)
Coordinates of point C (2, 6)
Coordinates of point D (4, 7)
(4) Draw the graph for the following values.
|Number of copies||2||4||6||8|
(i) What is the cost of 5 copies?
(ii) Is it a linear graph?
(i) The cost of 5 copies is Rs 50.
(ii) Yes, it is a linear graph.
(5) Find the answers of questions from the given graph.
(i) distance covered in 3.5 hour.
(ii) Is graph pass from the origin?
(i)Distance covered in 3.5 hour is 105 km.
(ii) No, graph does not pass through origin.
(6) In coordinate(4, 5), 4 is a
(i) x – coordinate
(ii) y – coordinate
4 is a x – coordinate.
(7) The graph which displays data that changes continuously over period of time and points represented particular data is joined by a straight line is
(i) bar graph
(ii) line graph
(ii) Line graph
(8)Draw speed – time line graph by given data.
Use graph to find speed in 2.5 hours?
(9) Point A is placed on graph. Find, if coordinates of the point A is (3, 4).
Support your answer with reason.
Coordinates of point A are (3, 4) because when we move 3 units on x axis and move up 4 units from there, we get point A.
(10) Fill in the blanks:-
(i) A ____ graph is used to compare parts of a whole.
(ii) ____ and ____ coordinates are necessary to fix a point on the graph.
(iii) A _____ is a bar graph that shows data in intervals
(i) A pie graph is used to compare parts of a whole.
(ii) x and y coordinates are necessary to fix a point on the graph.
(iii) A histogram is a bar graph that shows data in intervals.