Worksheet for chapter: Data Handling is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 7. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) The ages of the players of a team are given below in years.
(i)What is the age of the oldest player and that of youngest player?
(ii) What is the range of the ages of the players?
(iii)What is the mean age of these players?
(2) The scores of the 11 students are given below:
(i) Find mode of the data.
(ii) Find median of the data.
(3)Tell whether the statements true or false:
(i) The mode is always one of the numbers in a data.
(ii) The mean is one of the numbers in a data.
(iii)The median is always one of the numbers in a data.
(iv)The data 6,4,3,8,9,12,13,9 has mean 9.
(5) Tell whether the following is certain to happen, impossible, can happen but not certain.
(i)The Sun rises in the East.
(ii) It will rain today.
(iii)The stars can be seen in day.
(6) There are one orange and one apple in a bag. What is probability to get orange?
(8) Fill in the blanks:
(i) Mean is the ___ of the data.
(ii)The middle value is called————-of the data.
(iii) The difference of highest and lowest data is called ———–.
(9) Sale of English and Hindi books in the years 1995,1996,1997,1998 are given below:
Draw a double bar graph and answer the following questions:
(i) In which year was the difference in the sale of the two language books least?
(ii) Is demand for English book rose faster?
(10) A cricketer scores the following runs in eight innings:
Find the mean score.