Worksheet for chapter: Surface Area is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 9. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Ram wants to build a wall of bricks. He used 50 bricks of size 20 × 10 × 30 cm. Find the total cost of whitewashing if 2 paise cost per square cm.
(2) Radha wants to prepare a water tank cylindrical of radius 2 cm and height of the tank is 5 cm for her project. The tank has a base. What area of sheet she is required to prepare tank?
(3) The radius of the cone is 4 cm and height is 10 cm. Find the slant height of the cone and length of the frill which is attached on the outer line of the base of the cone.
(4) A sphere of radius 7 cm is covered with cloth. Find the area of the cloth.
(5) A cuboidal box is full of books of same size. The cuboidal box volume is 169m3.The dimensions of the book are, length 13 cm, breadth 1 cm and height 1 cm. How many books are inside the box?
(6) Ram organized a party of 6 friends. He wants to serve juice to them. Each glass can hold 250 ml. how many bottles of 1 litre he has to buy to serve juice to every friend twice.
(7) Find the volume of a cone of 9 cm radius and 21 cm height.
(8) Find the volume of the sphere of radius 7 cm.
(9) Find the volume of hemisphere of radius 14 cm. Find the ratio of volume of sphere in question 8 and hemisphere of this question.
(10) Find the curved surface area and total surface area of a cylinder of radius 36 cm and height 63 cm.