Worksheet for chapter: Mensuration is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) If area of the trapezium field is 200 m2 and the distance between parallel lines is 10 m. Find the total of the parallel lines.
(2) The area of a rhombus is 100 m2 and one of its diagonal is 10 m. Find the other diagonal.
(3) The measures of a cuboidal box are 40 cm 20 cm 50 cm. The box is to be covered with paper. How much paper is needed to cover the whole box?
(4) A shopkeeper has a rack of size 1 m 4 m 5 m. How many boxes of volume 0.5 m3 can be stored in that rack?
(5) A rectangular sheet of width 10 cm is rolled along its length. A cylinder of radius 14 cm formed. Find the volume of the cylinder.
(6) Fill in the blanks.
(i) Volume of the cube = l l ___
(ii) Surface area of the cuboid = 2(__ + bh + hl)
(7) Find which given figure has greater surface area.
(8) A company packed its product in a cube shaped box. They want to stick their label on the front of eh box. What will be size of the label?
(9) A reservoir of size 20 m 30 m 50 m is planned in a village to meet their water requirement. How much water they can store in it?
(10)Surface area of a cube of 2 cm side is
(i) 20 cm2
(ii) 24 m2
(iii) 25 cm2
(iv) 24 cm2