Worksheet solutions for chapter: Integers for class 7 are provided below.
(1) Verify a-(b) =a-b if, a=6, b=5
Put value of a and b
(5) A shopkeeper earns a profit of Rs.1 by selling one pen and incurs a loss of 40 paise per pencil while selling pencils of her old stock. In a particular month she incurs a loss of Rs.5. In this period, she sold 45 pens. How many pencils did she sell in this period?
(6) Write a negative integer and a positive integer whose difference is -5.
Hence, -3 and 2 are required integers.
(7) Sita deposited Rs.3000 in her bank account. She withdraws Rs.1500 next day. If withdrawal of amount from the account is represented by a negative integer, then how will you represent the amount deposited? Find the balance in Sita’s account.
(8) In a class test containing 15 questions, 4 marks are given for every correct answer and (-2) marks are given for every incorrect answer. Gurpreet attempts all questions but only 9 of her answers are correct. What is her total score?
(9) Write ‘T’ if statement is true and write ‘F’ if statement is false:
(ii) If we add 0 to any number we will get same number.
(iii) If we multiply any number to 0 we will get same number.
(iv) Additive inverse of 8 is -8.
(v) 0 is an integer.
(ii)If we add 0 to any number we will get same number. T
(iii)If we multiply any number to 0 we will get same number. F
(iv) Additive inverse of 8 is -8. T
(v) 0 is an integer. T
(10) Suppose we represent the distance above the ground by a positive integer and that below the ground by a negative integer, than answer the following:
(i) An elevator descends into a mine shaft at the rate of 5 metre per minute. What will be its position after one hour?
(ii) If it begins to descend from 15 m above the ground, what will be its position after 45 minutes?