Worksheet for chapter: Heron’s Formula is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 9.
(1) Find the area of a triangle with sides 10 cm, 12 cm and 14 cm.
(2) Find the area of triangle whose sides are 16 m and 12 m. Perimeter of the triangle is 50 m.
(3) Find the area of given parallelogram below-
(4) Find the area of given figure below:-
(5) Sides of a triangular plot are in the ratio of 8: 7: 5. If perimeter of the plot is 400 m, find the area of the plot.
(6) Geeta wants to paint a skirt made up of triangular pieces. The size of the one triangular piece is 24 cm, 24 cm and 10 cm. Skirt has 20 triangular pieces of same size. Find the number of bottle of colours if one bottle is required to paint 20 cm2.
(7) A painter wants to paint an triangular pattern on the wall. Pattern has three triangles (figure below) of different size and colour. He wants to colour yellow in mid and other two in red colour. He has to repeat this pattern thrice on the whole wall. Find the total area in red and yellow colour.
(8) Raju has field of total area 400 m2. If his field has a triangular piece of 50 m, 20 m and 40 m. What is the area of remaining field?
(9) Find the area of figure below-
(10) ABC is an isosceles triangle. CD is a perpendicular to AB. Find the area of given triangle ABC.