Worksheet for chapter: Cubes and Cube Roots is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1) Which of the following number is not a perfect cube?
(i) 172 (ii) 343
(2) Find the smallest number by which 126 must be multiplied to obtain a perfect cube.
(3) Find the smallest numbers by which 432 must be divided to obtain a perfect cube.
(4) Find the cube root of 32768 by prime factorisation.
(5) Guess the cube root of 97336.
(6) State true or false.
(i) Cube of 1 is 1.
(ii) Cube of any even number is even.
(iii) A perfect cube has prime factor in triplets.
Choose the correct answer.
(7) Hardy – Ramanujan Number is
(8) What is the number whose cube and cube roots are same?
(9) How many perfect cubes are there from 1 to 1000?
(10) Guess cube root of the number 6859.