Worksheet solutions for chapter: Cubes and Cube Roots for class 8 are provided below.
(1) Which of the following number is not a perfect cube?
(i) 172 (ii) 343
(2) Find the smallest number by which 126 must be multiplied to obtain a perfect cube.
(3) Find the smallest numbers by which 432 must be divided to obtain a perfect cube.
(4) Find the cube root of 32768 by prime factorisation.
(5) Guess the cube root of 97336.
(6) State true or false.
(i) Cube of 1 is 1.
(ii) Cube of any even number is even.
(iii) A perfect cube has prime factor in triplets.
(i) Cube of 1 is 1. True
(ii) Cube of any even number is even. True
(iii) A perfect cube has prime factor in triplets. True
Choose the correct answer.
(7) Hardy – Ramanujan Number is
(iii) 1729 √
(8) What is the number whose cube and cube roots are same?
(9) How many perfect cubes are there from 1 to 1000?
(ii) 10 √
(10) Guess cube root of the number 6859.