Worksheet for chapter: Coordinate Geometry is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 9.
(1) Plot coordinates (0,0), (-5, -2) on the Cartesian plane.
(2)Write the answer with the help of figure given below-
(i) Write the coordinate of point A.
(ii) Write the name of the point with coordinate (-2, 3).
(iii) Write the x coordinates of the point B.
(3) Fill in the blanks:-
(i) The y-axis coordinate is called ……
(ii) The coordinate of the origin is ……..
(iii) The coordinates of a point are of the form (+, +) lies in …. quadrant.
(4)Identify in which quadrant coordinates lie? Give reason in your support.
(8, 9), (-3, -4), (2, – 4), (-2, 6)
(5) Write abscissa and ordinate of the following coordinates
(-4, – 3), (8, 2), (4, -5), (7, 6).
(6) Your friend sends you location of his home as in following diagram.
How you will reach to his home?
Choose correct answers.
(7) If x y, then
(i) (x, y) (y, x)
(ii) (x, y) =(y, x)
(8) The coordinates of a point in the quadrant III are of form
(i) (-, -)
(ii) (+, +)
(9) x coordinates is called
(10) If coordinates of a point is (0, 4), the point will lie
(i) In quadrant I
(ii) On x-axis
(iii) On y – axis