Worksheet for chapter: Comparing Quantities is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 8. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1)Fill in the blanks:-
(i) _____ means comparing two quantities.
(ii)______ is the money paid by the financial institutions [banks, post offices] on money deposited with them.
(iii)_______is the interest calculated on the previous year’s amount.
(2) Find the ratio of 10km to 100 km.
(3)60 % of 1,000 people are good in English. How many people are good in English.
(4) A man got an increase of 5% in his salary. What will be his new salary, if he is getting Rs 20,000 now?
(5)Rani wants to buy a skirt of Rs 1,000. Shopkeeper gives her a discount of 10%. How much he will pay for it?
(6)Raja purchased a iron and pay 5% VAT on it. How much he paid, if marked price of the iron is Rs 2,000.
(7) Find the compound interest, If principal amount is Rs 5,000 invested for 2 years at the rate of the interest is 5% per annum annually.
(8) What amount is to be paid on a loan of Rs 11,000 for 1 years at 6% per annum compounded half yearly.
(9)The population of a city is increasing at the rate of 5% per annum. What will be the population of the city after 2 years. Present population of the city is 12,00,000.
(10) The count of bacteria in an experiment is 24,000. The count of bacteria is increasing at the rate of 2 % per hour. What will be the count of bacteria in the experiment after 3 hour?