Worksheet for chapter: Algebraic Expressions is presented below. The worksheets are provided for practice and self evaluation of students of class 7. Solutions are provided at the end of the page.
(1)Identify, in the following expressions, terms which are not constants. Give their numerical coefficients:
xy – 1, 2x + 3- y, 5x + 5z
(2) Identify terms and factors in the expressions given below:
(a) 4x + 5z (b) -ab + 4b
(3) Classify into monomials, binomials and trinomials.
(a) 7x -9 (b) 5a2 + 3b -9 (c)2p
(4) State whether a given pair of terms is of like or unlike terms.
(a)1,19 (b ) 2x, 3x2(c) ab,100ab
(5) Add :
(i) 3z – 5, 4z +1
(ii) 2x2 +5, 6 + 3x2
(i) 6ab from 8ab
(ii) –m2 + 2m +6, 3m – 4m2+9
(7) What should be added to ab +2a + 4 to obtain 2ab -7?
(8) From the sum of 3x +4xy +5 and 2x – 4xy +5 subtract 4x – 5 +2xy.
(9) If n = 4, find the value of:
(i)n+11 (ii) 3n -5
(10) Simplify these expressions and find their values if x=0and y = 1
(i) 2xy + y –x +2x (ii) 3x – 4xy +2xy -5