Current affairs for the preparation of SSC, UPSC, PSC Banking , Government and other competitive exams.
LG of Delhi Mr Anil Baijal allowed Covid patients for home isolation after the clinical assessment on CCCs. Only those patients will get this facility that are not serious and have home quarantine facilities as two rooms and separate toilets. Others have to do institutional quarantine.
Delhi government said the treatment cost for Covid Patient will be reduced by 60 – 67% in private hospitals.
India’s number for Covid patient increases more than five lakh now. Maharashtra has highest number of patients. Delhi, Tamilnadu, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh are other states which have top rank in Covid patient list.
Insurance Policy for Covid Patients
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) revised insurance policy. From July 15 all general and health insurance has to cover indemnity and a benefit based health product for Covid 19. The minimum age for policies is 18 years and maximum age is 65. In indemnity policy the dependent children aged three month to 25 years will be covered. Time period can be three month, six month and one year. The insured minimum sum is Rs 50000 which can go up to Rs 5 lakh in the multiple of Rs 50000. All hospital expense will be covered if hospitalised for minimum of 24 hours.
Indo – China Conflict at LAC
Full freedom of action is given to the Indian Army at Galwan Valley by our PM Narendra Modi.
China is blamed by US secretary of state Michel Pompeo for the tension at the border of India and China.
After an 11 hour long meeting between commanders of India and China at Moldo agrees to disengage from the LAC (Line of Actual Control) from both sides.
Solar Eclipse held on 22 June
Solar eclipse held on June 21. Sun appeared as a ring of fire in sky. Many witnessed this moment. The Sun, the Moon and the Earth come in a straight line but Moon could not cover the Sun because of the distance between the Sun and the Moon. Therefore, we can watch a ring.
Baghjan oilfield of Oil India Limited
Baghjan oilfield of Oil India Limited received a closure notice issued by The Assam Pollution Control Board on the ground of not taking permission before start operation.
Every industry which emits pollutants should have to take permission from the state pollution control Boards under the water Prevention & Control of Pollution Act 1974 and Air Prevention & Control of Pollution Act 1981.
- Rajinder Goel former cricketer passed away at the age of 77. He played for Haryana, Punjab and Delhi.
- Final of Djokovic’s exhibition event in the Balkan region is called off after Dimitrov and Coric test Covid 19 posiitive.
- Sports Minister Kiran Rijuju held a meeting with National Sports Federation to return the competitive sports event in the country from August onwards.
- The AGM of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) announced former England skipper Clare Connor as a first woman president of club. She will take charge of office on 1 October 2021. She is a Managing Director of women cricket of England and Wales Cricket Club (ECB).
- Liverpool won the first English Premier League title first time in thirty years.
Puri Rath Yatra
Three judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India SA Bobde allows Puri Rath Yatra with condition of no public attendance. The bench impose curfew in Puri and ordered Odisha Government and Jagaanath temple administration to follow it strictly. The bench said Yatra can be done by going temple to temple but without public.
Oil Price Hike in India
Price hike in petrol is 33 paisa in a liter and diesel by 57 paise for a litre. Now petrol is selling at Rs 79.56 and diesel is selling at Rs 78.85 per litre in Delhi. This is the highest rate in 20 months in Delhi.
Diesel recorded the highest price Rs 80 per litre in Delhi.
Launch of ‘ebloodservice’
The Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launched an app with the partnership of Indian Red Cross Society, named ‘ebloodservices’. The minister said that this app will bring transparency in blood donation programme.
US denies to extend H-1B And H – 4 visa
US president decided to not allowing more green card till the end of year and it also hold for non immigrants work visa such as H- 1B and H-4. This decision will hit Indian professionals who are working in American Companies.
The H- 1B is provided to those persons who worked in American Companies and have to leave after work agreement. The visa is valid for three years but can be extended to three more years. After time period completion the person has to leave or has to find new job compatible with H- 1B visa.
The H-4 visa is provided for their spouses and unmarried children.
No Haj Pilgrimage this Year
India decided to not send Indian pilgrimage for haj after Saudi Arabia’s Haj and Umrah minister Mohammad Saleh bin Taher asked India not to send pilgrimage because of Covid 19.
US on Pakistan
A US report said that Pakistan is a “safe harbour” for militants who work against India and Afghanistan such as Lashkar-e-Taiba (Let) and Haqani Network (HQN).
Space Opens for Private Sector
The union cabinet in a meeting headed by PM Narendra Modi decided to form a new organisation named Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN- SPACe) to open up space for private sector.
CBSE Scrapped Exams
CBSE scrapped the board examination for class 10th and 12th. The assessment of the students will be done on the basis of their performance of exams attended by the students at the end of the March.
The Supreme Court accepted the decision of CBSE board regarding scraping the exams and will declare result on July 15 according to new assessment plan.
- If a student appeared in more than three exams before cancellation than an average of three highest scored subjects will be allotted to other subjects which cancelled due to Covid.
- If a student appeared in three exams before cancellation than an average of two highest scored subjects will be allotted to other subjects which cancelled due to Covid.
- If a student appeared in less than three exams before cancellation than result will be calculated on the basis of their marks in the subjects along with their inter performance/ project assessment/ practical assessment.
- Tahawwur Rana rearrested in US for his role in 26/11 attack in Mumbai.
- The UN human resource body voted to commission a report systemic racism and discrimination against black people.
- Online classes or virtual studies in Delhi schools will be continue after summer break. IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay also decided to take online classes for new semester due to Coronavirus outbreak.
- CISF commandos are missing their daily physical exercises in the ground. They are recording their physical practice and sent videos to their officers.
- Sarita Khanchandani, a zoologist saved birds from hunger by preparing bird feeders by waste plastic bottles, plates and bowls.
- Three militants were shot down by the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Defense minister Rajnath Singh left for Russia to participate in Victory Day which will be held on 24 June to celebrate surrender of Germany in 1945.
- Mukesh Ambani is the only Asian who enters among the top 10 richest.
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) body give 70 th rank to IIT Guwahati among 150 universities of 50 years old. The body include 4 university from India IIT Guwahati ranked first among them.
- Passenger’s trains and suburban trains will not operate till 11 August 2020. Full fare will be refunded to the passengers who booked tickets for 1 July 2020 to 12 August 2020.