(1) Who discovered cell and what he observed in his experiment?
(2)A hen’s egg can be seen easily. Is it a cell or group of cell?
(3) What are pseudopodia? What is its use?
(4)Are the cells in an elephant larger than the cells in a rat?
(5) What is gene and what is it functions?
(6) Fill in the blanks.
(i)A ____ Is a group of similar cells performing a specific fuction.
(ii) Cell membrane is surrounded by a thick layer which is called _____.
(iii) The central round body in the centre of cell is called _____.
(7)What is vacuole? What is the difference between plant and animal vacuole?
(8) Match the item of group A with the item of group B.
Group A Group B
(i) Amoeba Single celled
(iv) Nucleus Parent characteristics
(9) Name the single celled organisms.
(10) Draw different shapes of the cells.